Bad Breath Remedies!
March 18, 2015 by Dr. Emanuel Layliev Blog
Most of us will probably agree that we would do anything to get rid of our bad breath days for good. Bad breath, technically known as halitosis, is breath that has an unpleasant odor. This odor can strike sporadically or can be constant, depending on its origin. Often time’s bad breath can be an underlying cause of something more serious, such as a systematic illness of some sort or an infection in your mouth. However, if this is not the case, and your bad breath is caused from different foods you consume or poor dental habits, we have tips to help you conquer bad breath once and for all!
Treatment for Bad Breath:
For optimal results it is important to conduct thorough oral hygiene at minimum twice a day:
- Brush teeth with fluoride antibacterial toothpaste
- Floss to remove food debris and plaque on teeth that your toothbrush cannot reach
- Clean your tongue
- Cleaning your tongue is extremely important;this is where most of the foul smelling bacteria in your mouth lives
- You can purchase a toothbrush with a built-in tongue cleaner or purchase a separate tongue cleaner
- After brushing your teeth, place the tongue cleaner on the posterior region of the tongue and move it forward