Everyone loves a bright, white smile. After all, beautiful teeth are supposed to be white. Unfortunately, it is entirely possible to have teeth that are yellow, brown, gray or a number of other colors. There are numerous causes of this discoloration.
The New York Center for Cosmetic Dentistry (NYCCD) can correct discolored teeth. The Zoom whitening process gives dramatic and immediate results. For crooked or chipped teeth, we can use porcelain veneers. There are many techniques we use to create perfect smiles. In New York City, Call Us At 212-288-4455 Today!
Teeth Are Not Always White
The fact is, a tooth’s color can be the result of numerous factors, and often, teeth are not white but some other shade. For example:
1) Yellow-brown – Teeth can become this color as a result of using certain antibiotics, particularly tetracycline, which particularly affects children.
2) White with spots – This can happen as a result of fluorosis, which is the ingestion of too much fluoride. Again, this is particularly a problem for young children.
3) Yellow – Consuming high levels of coffee, cola, wine or using tobacco products can give teeth a dark yellowish color. The coloring agents inside these various drinks, as well as in certain foods, have an impact on tooth color over time.
4) Gray or black – This is usually the result of poor dental hygiene and tooth decay. Not brushing and flossing regularly can cause the teeth to rot and blacken.
5) Brown – Sometimes, trauma to the teeth can cause them to become a brownish or grayish color. This usually affects the teeth that were directly impacted by the trauma, such as from a blow to the mouth, a fall or some other kind of accident. If a chip in the tooth gets into the pulp, it can dramatically affect the color of the tooth.
Of course, none of these are the color people want their teeth to be. A beautiful smile is a bright, white smile—not dingy yellow or a dull gray. Fortunately, there are many procedures a cosmetic dentist can use to correct tooth color.
Zoom whitening is a very effective treatment that cosmetic dentists use to make a dramatic impact on tooth color. Porcelain veneers are another option, covering over the discolored teeth with a sturdy set of veneers that look natural.
Beautiful Smiles In New York City
The New York Center for Cosmetic Dentistry has built a reputation for excellent results. In fact, we have worked with numerous celebrities, so our smiles have graced movie screens. If you’re ready to get the amazing smile that you’ve always wanted, contact us to make an appointment. For more information, Call Us At 212-288-4455 Today!